Writing is a powerful communication tool for life. Good writers express original ideas, have a unique voice and draw readers into the story. Unleash your child’s creative expression at LiteracyPlus!
3 Reasons Why Your Child’s Writing Skills Will Improve
- Story structure, coherence of ideas, story development and many other skills are taught through writing mini-lessons; which is in addition to your child writing full-length compositions every alternate week.
- Teachers conduct class brainstorming before children begin writing to prompt them to think creatively and to arm them with good ideas to use in their future writing.
- Children use flow charts to plan and organise all their stories. This is to inculcate the habit of planning and organising before writing.
- A handout with sample Story Starters and Endings and a bank of good vocabulary is provided to help children in the writing process and to give them an opportunity to learn and use new words and phrases in their writing.
- Your child will receive positive and constructive comments after each writing practice as well as a model composition for the class to read through and analyse.
- The use of award-winning books to model good writing is used in our curriculum as well.
- Once equipped with all the necessary skills, our aim is that through regular practice and correction, children will hone their skills till writing well comes naturally for them.
Find Out More
Speak with us at 6777 2468 or send us an online enquiry to find out how we can help your child excel at Writing.