P1 Reading Essentials
- Letter recognition and phonemic awareness of consonants, short vowels and long vowels
- Word families and blending
- Fun rhymes, poem, songs, games, Speech & Drama activities and Readers’ Theatre
During this programme, I enjoyed reading and learnt to read new words by using word families.
Farrer Park Primary School
P1 Head Start to Reading (Level 1)
- Word families and common sight words
- Blending sounds and segmenting words
- Speech & Drama and Readers’ Theatre activities
- Comprehension and short writing exercises
During my class, I really liked acting, reading, singing and playing games. I want to join the programme again.
Innova Primary School
P1 Head Start to Reading (Level 2)
- Thematic lessons
- Vocabulary and basic grammar rules
- Reading comprehension and writing skills
- Development of oral communication skills through Speech & Drama activities
I enjoyed the warm-up activities that we did. I also learnt more about English. Next time I would like the same teacher to teach us again.
Nur Haney Maysara, 1B Madrasah
Transition to P1
Ease the transition from Kindergarten to Primary 1 with:
- Bridging for Better Readers: reading comprehension and writing skills, vocabulary and basic grammar rules
- Bridging for Average Readers: phonemic awareness, blending and emphasis on word families
- Bridging for Weak Readers: letter recognition and phonemic awareness of consonants or short and long vowels
I liked doing the worksheets and learning about short and long vowels.
Fatris, 2 Care
Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School