Select an object which brings back special memories, and think of descriptive words and accurate vocabulary to describe this object. It could be a family photograph, a favourite book or toy, a seashell from a trip to the beach, or even a spatula used to bake cookies!
- Stand firmly with both feet on the ground and your shoulders back. Do not shift your weight from foot to foot and fiddle with your clothes.
- Use appropriate hand gestures so that you look and sound natural.
- Speak clearly, audibly and with expression.
When you look at the audience you are talking to, it shows that you are trying to connect with them and they are more likely to pay attention to you.
If looking at someone’s eyes while talking makes you nervous, look at the spot between the eyes.
Stand firmly with both feet on the ground and your shoulders back. If you are using notes, make sure they do not cover your face.
- Stand stiffly like a soldier in a parade
- Sway from side to side
- Lean against anything
- Shift your weight from foot to foot