LiteracyPlus and its related corporations (including LiteracyPlus Centre Pte Ltd and LiteracyPlus Consultants Pte Ltd), hereinafter “LiteracyPlus”, is committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected.
1. Your Personal Data
“Personal data” refers to any data or information about you. Examples of personal data include:
- your name, contact number(s), mailing address, email address;
- information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services, including computer and connection information, device, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website; and
- any other information relating to you which you have provided to us through the submission of forms or through other forms of interaction with you.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. your spouse, children, parents, guardian and students), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party in providing us with their personal data. Examples of third-party (e.g. your child) personal data include but are not limited to:
- your child’s name, age, level, school details;
- your child’s scores in the LiteracyPlus diagnostic test, LiteracyPlus assignments and in school exams; and
- any other information relating to your child which you have provided to us through the submission of forms or through other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
LiteracyPlus collects your personal data in the following ways:
- when you enquire about our programmes and services;
- when your child takes a diagnostic test at our Enrichment Centre;
- when you register yourself or your child for any of our programmes, workshops, holiday programmes, events, trial classes, or any other services
- when you request to be included in our mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions and other initiatives;
- when you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
3. Purposes of Collection, Use and Disclosure
The personal data which we collect from you may be used for the following purposes (this is not an exhaustive list):
- communicating with you on your enquiries;
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with better service, including helping our teachers to effectively discharge their duties;
- responding to, processing and handling your queries and requests, feedback and suggestions;
- processing your registration for workshops, events, activities, mailing lists, etc.;
- managing the administrative and operational aspects of LiteracyPlus;
- conducting market research and customer surveys for us to understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our programmes and services;
- sending you marketing and promotional information and materials relating to our term programmes, workshops, holiday programmes, events, trial classes, or any other services;
- supporting branding and communications efforts, including the publication of printed materials and electronic publishing on our website, on social media and other electronic media;
- supporting or defending the rights of LiteracyPlus and our students and staff;
- fulfilling such obligations and duties as may be legally or statutorily required of us; and
- any other purposes that we may notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
These purposes may also apply even if you do not have an ongoing relationship with us.
4. Accuracy of Personal Data
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is accurate, updated and complete in all respects. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the programmes and/or services you have requested.
5. Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may access, correct or update your personal data at any time after its submission to us.
- If you wish to know about your personal data in our possession, or how your personal information has been used or to whom it has been disclosed, you may email us at email@example.com.
- If you wish to correct any personal data in our possession, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Protection and Security of Personal Data
LiteracyPlus will protect the personal data in our possession by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use and disclosure.
LiteracyPlus may revise this policy from time to time as we see fit. In the case of a revision, you will be notified via email or SMS, and the updated policy will be made available on our website at www.literacyplus.com.sg.
8. Questions and Feedback
For any queries on this policy, you may email us at email@example.com.